Pre-operative Rehabilitation (Prehab) is a great way to restore range of motion and strength prior to surgery and improve your post-surgical outcome. The goals of Prehab program at Peak Performance is:
- Mentally prepare for surgery
- Reduce Pain and Inflammation
- Restore Range of motion
- Improve muscular control of the injured joint
- Normalising movement patterns
- Gain a good understanding of the exercises during the immediate post-operative period.
Physical therapy is typically indicated following an orthopaedic surgery such as on hip, knee, shoulder elbow, spine etc. The body will not regain normal motion without specific retraining. Physical therapy can start anywhere from few hours to a few days after surgery. Our physiotherapists are specifically trained to restore the range of motion and strength without compensation and regain normal movement pattern.